Monday, August 8, 2011

Life in the Big Apple!

I'm excited to finally be in New York City! I've been staying in midtown Manhattan, which is amazing. It's a simple 10-minute walk to Grand Central Station and from there I can get almost anywhere on the island in under 20 minutes. 

I had a pretty busy first week here! Most of my time was spent at the Tea Council of the USA and Pollock Communications office, where I debriefed the “Tea Team” on my adventures and quickly captured all my experiences in writing, which wasn’t too hard as I took extensive notes during my internship and  journeys through Sri Lanka and Kenya.

 I gained some great experience while working with the PR team. I wrote a quote for a press release about the Sip of Success internship, and offered my insights into how to use all of the information I gained to further the public’s knowledge of tea…including, of course, its many health benefits and all the different varieties. 

While at the Tea Council of the USA I had the chance to meet with the president, Joe Simrany, and to thank him and the whole association for making this internship possible. He was very welcoming and excited to hear all that I had learned and observed.  His incredible knowledge of all things tea – and his deep passion for the industry – convinced me even more of my own desire to make a career in the tea business. He also served me a delicious cup of Japanese green tea - perfect for this warm NYC weather we've been having. 

Next stop is going to be SALONTEA, I can’t wait!

The Empire State Building:

Central Park:

The Brooklyn Bridge:

No comments:

Post a Comment