Friday, July 8, 2011

We arrived in Sri Lanka!

It was a very long journey that took me through New York City, Dubai, and an island in the Indian Ocean called Male (look it up!). It was about an hour-long drive through Colombo to reach our hotel, and it was wild. All around us are three-wheeled vehicles called trishaws, entire families on motorcycles, glowing Buddha statues, and the occasional Pizza Hut.

Given the massive time zone difference between the east coast of the US and Sri Lanka, we're very jetlagged. I'm looking forward to catching a good eight hours of sleep at our hotel, and having curry for breakfast in the morning. If I have time, I might try to walk down to the coast - the Indian Ocean is only a block from my hotel room!

This is my amazing view...



 ...better pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment